Sunday, June 5, 2011

Final Special Projects Post

Hey Miles, I won't be in class for the final critique because its at the same time as my capstone final presentation... but here is where I got to:

Goals Recap:
-Build a humanoid bi-pod in maya for FragStone.
-Keep it around 10k - 15k poly
-Use concept from previous term for direction.

In my last post I explained that my model was way over my poly goal. I have reworked some areas, and added new parts, and deleted alot of extra edge loops. Im still missing hands and connecting pieces, but I have reduced my model to just under 10K tris (Which is what it gets converted to in Unity). Success! I think with the addition of hands, neck, groin, ect. It will be just about in range.

Here are some shots:



































Self Evaluation/What I learned:

I wouldn't call this term a complete success as far as accomplishing the goals I layed out for myself at the start, but I think I got pretty far. While I love modeling, I have found that the more time between sessions, the slower my progress. If I was to seriously consider this field I would have to start modeling every day. I do love it, but I think there are other areas of computers/game making that my talents are already tuned for (programming/building/planning).

Hopefully this summer I will find time to finish this model to the end, and get it in FS. Also for future models I plan on being alot more simple. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment